Saturday, February 14, 2009

Why now?

***Disclaimer: This post is nothing but a rant. It'll probably only be up for a few hours til I regret posting it...oh well here it is. ***

People have been coming out of the woodwork lately to tell me how exciting it is that I am about to have a baby.

...uh....

This puts me in a very awkward place. I have NO IDEA how to respond when people say this. I either LIE or I make them feel TERRIBLE. Not to mention that it doesn't exactly put me in a great state of mind. I miss her enough without being reminded of the fact that I should still be pregnant. That I would still have two months to go til I'm due. That I shouldn't have seen her yet. That she should be ALIVE.

Instead she is ashes. In a green velvet bag. My baby should be moving and kicking inside of me. But she's not. Thanks for accidentally reminding me.

I don't want to be angry. I don't want to make people feel bad. I don't want to be in this position.

I miss my daughter.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

((HUGS))I am so, so sorry. I don't know what to say which will make it better for you except your feelings are no way wrong. I really hope you can continue to let your feelings out and find some peace with it all (HUGS) - Anna

Stacy D said...

It is so hard... those well-intentioned comments that just tear back open that wound, and are a reminder that your sweet Magdalyn isn't where she should be.

Those comments are the way it should be, and that can make you fell all the more robbed, doesn't it?

From one grieving momma to another, I know it is so hard. There is just no easy way. Please know that I am praying for you.

~ Stacy

Amanda Towne said...

(((Kelli)))
I've been there.

airforcewife0405@gmail.com said...

I think the best thing you can do is, gently, direct them to read this blog and let them know they can find all of the info here. That might take a little of the load off of your chest. Still thinking of you!
**Nicole**

Anonymous said...

Aw sweetie, don't regret how you feel, your feelings are very valid and valued by so many too. Your a beautiful woman and have been through something tramatic and I hope all the best for you. (((HUGS)))

Anonymous said...

i just want to say that i cried when i read this.

i cant say anything, just that im so sad that you are going through this.

cierra said...

You're only human. Don't be frustrated with yourself over your feelings. Let yourself be human.

if that doesn't work for you... I'll be angry for you. You can go ahead and hand that over to me.

Miss you <3

Anonymous said...

To be completely honest with you, I think you sound like you are handling these comments better than most women in your position would. I agree with the comment about directing them to this blog. If they ask you could give them the link. Its not your fault if they haven't been following along with the rest of us... you've done wonderful with the updates. Stay strong and our prayers are still and always will be with you and your family.

Anonymous said...

I am sorry.

Debbie

Anonymous said...

I want to tell you how much my heart aches to hear your story. She was such a beautiful child and she's still beautiful in the hands of God. Don't ever control your emotions. Don't ever be scared to let them show. You must take your time to grieve. My thoughts are with you through this terrible time.

Anonymous said...

Just want you to know that you are still in my thoughts and prayers.

Abby+2

eternalspring said...

May you feel God's loving arms around you at this moment and always...peace be with you.