Monday, February 2, 2009

My favorite poem.

This is a poem that I read many years ago when I was grieving the loss of a friend. It has stayed with me always and has brought me much comfort in the last week as I know it will in the coming days, weeks, months and years.

Adapted from Unknown Author from the original Do Not Stand At My Grave and Weep by Mary Frye.

Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glint on snow.
I am sunlight on the ripened grain.
I am the autumn rain.
When you awake to the morning's hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush,
Of birds circling in flight.
I am the stars that shine at night.
Do not think of me as gone.
I am with you still - in each new dawn.

2 comments:

Jack's and Marshal's Mommy said...

What a beautiful peom! ((((HUGS)))) I am so sorry for the loss of your little Magdalyn Grace. She is beautiful! Be gentle with yourself.

Anonymous said...

i remember that poem. and it fits so well here.

i miss you. and i still want to see the pictures, if you are up to posting them when you get them back

this is erin btw