Friday, April 17, 2009

Yesterday

Yesterday was Maggie's due date. How surreal. I'm doing quite well in my day to day, however these "landmark" dates still feel like a ton of bricks have landed on me.

A church sermon a couple weeks ago stuck me pretty hard, the pastor was talking about Mary and Joseph on their way to Bethlehem, and how hard the journey was with her being 9 months pregnant. It made me realize that I should have been 9 months at that point, and that I wasn't. I should have been waddling around and complaining about how much my back hurt, how my feet were so swollen that my shoes wouldn't fit. I should have been wondering if God would shake his finger at me for wanting to wear house slippers to church.

It hit me hard. I cried. A lot.

Here is a link for a song that I love. It makes me cry every time I hear it. And yes, sometimes I listen to it when I feel like I NEED a good cry. Go Listen!

Wasn't that great? Are you crying now? Have I ruined your makeup? If so, I'm terribly sorry. However, it was completely worth it. I LOVE that song, and I hope you do too.

I got my pictures back from Michelle!!! There are far too many to post here, but I'll get a slideshow posted on here soon. I also set up a Shutterfly account where you can view them all.

I will never be able to show Michelle just how grateful I am; I pray that the Lord will bless her, just as she has blessed me.

Love to you all,
Kelli

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your pictures are wonderful.
I am still working on getting my part done for your book.
Still thinking of you. I cannot imagine what yesterday was like for you.
Debbie

Anonymous said...

Maggie is BEAUTIFUL!! I am glad to hear that you are doing better. I LOVED ALL YOUR PICS...

Sarah Suzy said...

She is beautiful. Thank you for sharing. I am trying to figure out a really cool thing for Maggies book. Prayers are always being sent up for you.

Jen said...

Your pictures are absolutely wonderful! Maggie is a beautiful little angel...may God continue to bless you and your family!

Fran said...

Kelli,
In the frenzy of all that you have going on right now, I want you to know that little Maggie hasn't been forgotten. Everyone's life seems to move forward and in many ways you will be "stuck" in this place for quite some time.

She is beautiful and I'll be there for you whenever you want to talk or daydream about what might have been. Her life isn't over....she still lives in you and through you.

Much love sweet sister! I'm so glad you fell in love with Held. It really is a great song.

XOXO

Lacey said...

Kelli,

Thank you for sharing your photos with us. Maggie is such a beautiful baby. Even though time moves on you, Maggie, and your family remain in my prayers.

With Love,
Lacey

Sabina Sage said...

Oh Kelli!! Those pictures made me ball like a baby!! NOT TO MENTION...I was listening to the song at the same time..cause I like to multi-task. LOL.....Im so sorry about yesterday! I cant get the feeling out of my head! Im almost done with Maggie's thing for her book!
Hope to hear from you!!
~Bina

Rebecca Fleming said...

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!! I know Maggie is right with you today watching over you! I know she would want you to find a nice piece of cheesecake and take an extra nap. After all, you are always her mommy. An angel baby is still very much your baby.

Know you are being thought of this Mother's Day! Look at your beautiful pictures! You have a beautiful child!!

kristip25 said...

I am writing on Mother's Day and I want you to know that I thought of you often today. I'm sure it was a painful day for you. I came across your website a couple of nights ago and was so touched by it. I am also a new mother. My due date was the day after yours. I am sincerely sorry for your loss. Maggie is a beautiful little girl. All of the pictures are wonderful. Thank you for sharing them. I also love the pregnancy video/slideshow. You were beautiful pregnant! I wish you peace and happiness. You are in my prayers.
Kristi

Sarah Suzy said...

Just was thinking about you and thought I'd see if there had been a new post. Since there hasn't, I hope you've been well.

James Pereira said...

Hello, u hv a lovely blog n i want to invite u to visit my biblical blog www.true-shapherd.blogspot.in regards, james.