Tuesday, May 8, 2012

An update of sorts

It's been almost three and a half years. So much has changed.

I've recently relocated to New York and work for a parenting website. I haven't yet shared my full story with anyone, and in fact I've only shared a very partial story with two people.

There is a possibility that I'll be posting a personal essay on our site this weekend. I say it is a possibility because I haven't yet written it. I don't know if I can. I want to. I need to. I feel that there is so much inside that I haven't let out.

I'll of course send out the link if I can get myself together enough to write this essay.

I just wanted to post to say hello. That I'm still here.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi K,
I followed your story 3 1/2 yrs ago and was moved by your loss, and courage. We were due the same month, and I haven't forgotten about little Magdalyn's story.

Just noticed you posted an update and wanted to say 'hi' back. You're good with words so I wish you much luck with your personal essay. I'm sure you will touch more ppl!
-Kim

Anonymous said...

I also followed your story back then. I check on here from time to time to see if you've posted. I, too, think of beautiful Maggie and of you. I wish you all the luck and happiness.

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to let you know that I still think of you all the time. I was a "friend" on babycenter and followed you through your journey with your daughter. I am glad that you still update on your website. Please keep that up because I don't think I am the only one that checks in with you. :)
I am one person who hasn't forgotten Magdalyn.
She makes me appreciate my 3 1/2 year old more.
I am more patient, more loving, more willing to stop cleaning and play or read because of her.

Anonymous said...

Kelli, Another friend from BC here. There are a bunch of us looking for you. I personally lost a child too, not my 09 baby, but my 2001 baby. We would love to hook up with you on FB if IOU are on there. Kelly Walsh Hayes

123 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kelli said...

Kelly -- I just saw your comment and did a search on FB but was unable to find you! I would love to connect with you if you see this. -Kelli Mears